Friday, April 11, 2014

8/30/14

Future XV3 and I are sitting in my kitchen.
We are at that early stage,
all hot emergency sex
and long discussions solving
the problems of the world
when he says
5 years.
That’s all it lasts.
After that you all just don’t want sex anymore.

I look at him. He looks at me.
Supposed to be friends who can say anything.

I shrug. I nod. I tell him
It’s not that we don’t want sex.
It’s that we don’t want YOU.
I point my finger at his chest.
Sometime soon you will start
treating me as your mother,
as your child, as your servant,
as your plaything, as your property.
You will piss me off
one last time and then
I won't want YOU anymore.

We both realize we are panting,
angry, and look away.

Our eyes meet again.
But hey, that can't happen to us, right?
We've been friends too long, right?
We are at that stage that is
all hot emergency sex
and long discussions solving
the problems of the world.

So we swipe the kitchen table
empty and fuck on it.

No comments: