Friday, August 30, 2013

Facebook, Blogs and Copyrights

You will notice that today I moved 27 poems/essays here. That is because I was using Facebook as a preview, locked down as far as I could with their convoluted privacy crap. Just to get some feedback from friends, etc.

This morning I got an email from Facebook stating they were making changes to their TOS. I read it and followed all their this is too much trouble to follow so I'll just agree bullshit. See, they depend on us deciding it's too much trouble. Anyway, it says that anything we post on Facebook, including things locked down private, may be used by them without any notice whatsoever. So, copyright infringement even if you copyright stamp your work. Or your children's photos for that matter. With your GPS location on the timestamp, I might add.

So while I will still be using FB for communicating with friends, this blog is now resuscitated so I can control my copyright. I'll post the links to the FB page. And fuck them very much.

Cyn
August 30, 2013

No comments: