Friday, May 16, 2008

Love Me, Love My Dogs

I have been dating this great guy for a while and we were kind of exploring each others lifestyles before making any changes. There is like, there is lust, there is love and then there is actually being able to live with a person. So we’ve been exploring. I have two dogs and a cat. He has a cat and a bird. The dogs love him and he loves the dogs, but he really is ignorant about actually living with dogs.

There was a dog training seminar in Orlando and I went. I expected to be home around 3pm, which is fine for Dixie and Tyrone, but the seminar ended at 5 and I still had a 2 hour drive home. So I called the honey and asked if he could go let the dogs out. We had plans for that night and I was going to be late. He said no problem, he would meet me at my house. Call him when I got off the highway, about 40 minutes from home.

So I drive and I call him from the off ramp. He asks should he feed the pets. Yes. I will see you in about 30 minutes.

About 10 minutes later my phone rings. It is him.

"Hi sugar."

"DIXIE PUKED!!!"

"Its ok...." I start.

"ON THE NEW RUG!!!"

"...really, its ok, pick up the solids and the Resolve is under the sink..." I continue.

"IT WAS SO GROSS!!!"

"No, really, dogs puke more than humans. Just cover it with something and I will take care of it when I get home in a few minutes......"

"NO! NO! SHE TRIED TO EAT IT!!!"

That was when I started laughing.

"Really sugar, dogs do that sometimes.....".

"ACK! ACK! ACK! THEN I YELLED AND TYRONE SPOOKED OFF HIS FOOD AND DIXIE WENT AND ATE HIS! AND TYRONE TRIED TO EAT THE PUKE!!!"

I am laughing my ass off now.

"IT’S NOT FUNNY!!!"

More laughing.

So now I am adapting to his bird.

2 comments:

Spider63 said...

Dogs are the best!! I have had a couple of cats and they are pretty underwhelming.

Robin at Mannerly Mutts said...

Reminds me of when we first had Jazz, and it was her first spring in a city. Hubby left the windows open, and Jazz peed all over the place with the excitement of it all.